Sunday, November 11, 2007

Extreme Makeover-Cubicle Edition



I've decided to start working on my cubicle space at work, to make it more organized and pleasant! Of course, my department is moving to a new building next summer. On one hand, why get all gussied up if I'm moving? Well, that's actually a good reason! A big part of what I need to do is DEAL with all the books and things that have landed on my desk and shelves. Some of the things are gathering dust, I noticed on Friday. Ick! The less I have to move into the new space, the better.


I also want to have a space that's pleasant to work in on a daily basis, and where others feel "relaxed" when they stop by. When people stop or walk by now, what do they think? She has lots to do? She's unorganized? Whatever the thoughts, I'd like to clear the clutter, spruce up the plants, and make it a more pleasing work environment. Now that I've blogged about it, I've got to do it, right?!


I took a couple of pictures of my work area on my camera phone last Thursday, which I've added above. I didn't notice until just now that I pretty much missed my desk area! Ooops! I need to work on it as well, though I made some good headway on Friday afternoon. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

2 comments:

Susan Mo said...

I am really big on personalized work space. I don't feel right if I don't have all my stuff around me, so my half of our office is covered with GA Bulldog and Carolina Hurricanes stuff.

I don't see alot of organization tools like stacking trays and vertical file holders. Maybe they are in the desk area. I find that those things help me with clutter.

I do like the plants, though. Good feng shui!! Good luck and post the after pictures.

Unknown said...

I agree wholeheartedly with your desire to improve your cubicle.

On a lark I decided to really amp up my space and you might find it fun to see...

http://nielsendata.com/forum/blogs/cubicelite/archive/2008/06/11/extreme-cubicle-makeover-red-mahogany-luxury-paneled-cubicle-with-dark-cherry-hardwood-floors.aspx

Enjoy it!

Jared Nielsen