Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend update

I took my car in to be fixed on Saturday, but they couldn't fix it then, so I returned and left it to be fixed today. George helped coordinate so that I could pick up Dad's old car at the townhouse.

Yesterday, George and I had a relaxing day. We exercised first at Peak Fitness, and after lunch we went to MetroSport to enjoy the outdoor pool. Last night we watched "The Road to Wellville."

I finished the book Fat Like Us yesterday, and found it very insightful, especially about the diet culture here in Durham. Now I'm reading Vegan: The New Ethics of Eating, by Erik Marcus. I wonder if it'll help sway me to stick with the vegan diet I'n currently eating. I still miss cheese a lot, but it was the source of a good bit of my weight gain, I bet. I'm not opposed to leather, furs, and other products made from animals at this point, but the vegan diet definitely seems a lot healthier for me so far.

I'm down 17.1 lbs in 3 weeks on the vegan diet that is Phase I of the Rice Diet Program. Hoping to hit the 20 lb. loss mark by this time next week.

1 comment:

The Stiltwalker said...

glad you commented on my site. Now I've got someone to chat with who's going thru the same thing....!