Sunday, August 20, 2006

Continuing to exercise

Yesterday afternoon, I survived on the elliptical for a whole hour, am excited about that! Hoping to exercise for an hour again tonight when George and I go to the gym tonight after supper. Unfortunately, the morning scales didn't reward me for yesterday's efforts, but hopefully tomorrow will show another loss. So far, I'm down 13.5 lbs in 13 days, nothing to sneeze at. And last night, I survived dinner at the Mellow Mushroom in Raleigh with George, Henry, and their cousin David. That was challenging, but I had saved my apple and ate it when their pizza arrived. Afterward, I was glad I did it.

After dinner, we went down the street to Comedy Worx, a favorite spot for George and me. It's team-on-team improv comedy, and it's very funny! No matter what my mood going in, I always feel better at the end. It was especially nice to enjoy the show last night after surviving the pizza dinner. (George ordered a saled, though, no pizza. I was impressed.)

This morning, I finished The Rice Diet Solution, was very insightful. I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes when I get to the stage where I'm cooking my own meals.

No comments: