Saturday, August 05, 2006

Getting better all the time.....

Wow, what a difference a week makes. This this time last week, I was waking up from my third night in the hospital, where I was admitted for pneumonia and diabetic ketoacidosis. I was feeling pretty bad when I went in, but and feeling much better now. I stayed at home this past week to recuperate some more, and to get accustomed to giving myself insulin shots for the remaining diabetes. I am hopeful that I can get off insulin in time, with more weight loss and a better diet. I'm almost certain I will start the Rice Diet next week. I'm both excited and nervous about that.

The trip to the hospital was my first trip in an ambulance. I went to my doctor for a bronchitis follow-up (I'd been to an Urgent Care place initially), and she decided to help expedite my admission to the hospital. (Otherwise, I nay have had to wait in the ER for a spell.)

George was really great, taking care of me before the trip to the hospital, and staying with me while there. His mom, Tina, came to sit with me periodically to give George a break. It was nice getting to know her better.

No comments: