Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Baking

I decided to make some cookies this afternoon. It seemed like a fun Sunday afternoon thing to do! I tried a new (to me) recipe for banana-oatmeal cookies. I wish I could remember where I got the recipe, but I saw it somewhere online in passing, and decided to put it in my virtual recipe box on desktopcookbook.com. Today was the big testing day. They taste good, and made the apartment smell even better!

Here is the recipe (which is oh, so simple!):



Ingredients
-3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
-2 cups rolled oats
-1 cup raisins or craisins
-1/3 cup oil
-1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions
Mix all ingredients. Let set 15 minutes on counter. Drop by teaspoons on parchment paper or ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees 15-18 minutes. Will be brown (lightly) on bottom - tops don't usually brown. Makes 3-4 dozen small cookies.

Monday morning update: After trying them warm, and again this morning, George and I think they turned out well, but adding cinnamon, and maybe chopped nuts (walnuts? almonds?) might make them even better. I'll make them again and experiment.

2 comments:

Susan Mo said...

Sounds yummy. I just recently got the Hungry Girl Cookbook (ever read her? She does a daily blog/e-mail about healthy foods). I haven't read through it yet, but I am excited to have another cookbook to try. I will keep you posted!

Lesley Looper said...

I enjoy the Hungry Girl emails a lot, so I can't wait to here what you think of the cookbook! Let me know what you think. :)