Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Campus

Although summer school is still in session, I'm already looking forward to the fall semester. The biggest news is that my niece, L., is coming to school here, moving into her dorm in less than a month! I'm seeing the campus a little differently now, wondering what she'll think when she finally lands and starts walking around, taking classes, etc. I hope she likes it here.

Although the campus is peaceful during the summer sessions, I miss the hustle and bustle of activity on the quad that occurs during the school year. I also miss the student-run newspaper, which comes out 5 days a week furing the academic year, but only once a week for the first summer session only.

Meanwhile, I've been working on my own work area lately, dusting off problems and trying to deal with them. It feels good to be getting my ducks in a row.

No comments: