Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm a Joiner

I decided to join a local running club called the Carolina Godiva Track Club, and see where it leads. At the least, the monthly newsletters will offer some more information than I already have, especially about running at the local level. The club sponsors several weekly group training runs in the area, but right now the distance and pace of all the runs are out of my league. That tells me how far I have to go before I'm where I want to be, fitness-wise, which is a little mind-boggling right now. Oh, I know I'm making progress, but the carrot is still dangling pretty far ahead of me.

I have decided to do another 5K road race this weekend, the Autism Ribbon Run in Raleigh. I think that running in more local races will help me get to know other local runners, in addition to the running club. I've eyed several November races, and think I might try to do a 5K every month or so. Perhaps that's ambitious...we'll see how Saturday's race goes! When I participated in the Cary Road Race last April, it took me the rest of the weekend to recover, and I was sore into the following week. This weekend, I've got too much to do! Saturday night, George and I are joining our ERUUF Covenant Group to make and serve dinner at the homeless shelter. Sunday afternoon, George and I are meeting friends at the North Carolina State Fair.

No comments: