Thursday, July 06, 2006

A restful night in

Whew, it felt good to stay in last night! I feel much more rested this morning.

George and I had a fun, but busy July 4th. We had lunch at the new house of our new friend, Steph. I actually met Steph a year or two ago, when she was leading a group for Duke's Run/Walk Club. Then we ran into each other at Eno River Unitarian-Universalist Fellowship, where Steph has been a member for a number of years, and George and I joined last fall.

After lunch, we went to Cary and watched the fireworks at Regency Park. The fireworks were pretty, and we had good seats on the grass by the lake. The fireworks were set off right across the lake from us, so it was a great view.

As predicted, the traffic afterward was heavy, so it took us a while to get on our way. It was a busy day and a late night for having work the next day, so I was dragging a little at work yesterday. I needed to go to the gym last night, but it felt great to stay home and cocoon. The introvert in me enjoyed the time to recharge.

One of the things I'm working on is how to balance getting out and being active and social versus taking time for myself. I'm glad we did what we did on the 4th, but I wonder how could I have done it all and still felt refreshed, or at least not so worn out, at work yesterday.

No comments: