Monday, April 20, 2009

Thinking Ahead

A couple of weeks ago, my Covenant Group (small "spiritual discussion" group from church) met, and the discussion topic revolved around our "pipe dreams" for retirement. It was interesting to hear the group members' thoughts on this, as I formulated my own. Retirement is a moving target right now, in terms of when I'll be able to retire, as well as my interests. Part of what I want to do in retirement will depend on what I accomplish between now and then. It's been fun to continue to think about this topic, to mull ver my "bucket list."

In the mean time, I've increased my 403b contribution at work, hoping that the economy is pretty much done tanking, and will start to rebound in the months ahead. I also dumped some spare change into my IRA. Money will play a part in what I can or can't do in retirement, and I want to have options. Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy choices!

My family tree work has also been getting more attention lately, as a result of the last Covenant Group meeting. I'd like to be able to do a number of things with my genealogy interest, not just in retirement, but in the months and years ahead!

No comments: