Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I've had an unusual Easter weekend, but a good one!

Friday night, George and I joined our Covenant Group at Nancy's house to bake some 400 cookies my scratch! That was a new experience, for sure. The cookies were for the local homeless shelter, and we were scheduled to serve last night. So, we spent about three hours baking cookies on Friday night, then about three hours cooking and serving dinner (and our cookies) at the homeless shelter last night! It was a very worthwhile thing to do, but George and I were pretty bushed this morning! So, we both slept in, and then had Easter lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Stonewood Grill in Cary. Afterward, we went to nearby Henry's Gelato for dessert. We split a small cup of half mint and half biscutto (I think that's what that half was called, close to biscotti, but not quite). That was a yummy treat!

This afternoon, I decided to bump my fundraising goal for the Ronald McDonald House from $500 to $1000! I'm so excited about this, and my marathon race plans, that I decided to take it up a notch! Wish me luck!

No comments: