Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Busy Sunday

After church today, George and I joined members of the congregation for ERUUF-wide picnic at Eno River State Park--the section off of Roxboro Road. I'd forgotten how nice it is there, and we had a nice time. The food (potluck) was varied and yummy, and we enjoyed catching up with friends as well as meeting new (to us) people. One couple actually visited ERUUF for the first time today, saw the news about the picnic in the bulletin, and came on out. I was impressed by their willingness to jump right in and get to know the congregation outside of the normal Sunday morning routine. I also enjoyed talking with them about South Dakota, their home state. I've actually been there, and it was fun recalling memories of Mt. Rushmore, the Badlands, Custer State Park, and Wall Drug.

After George and I got home, I decided to drive to Chapel Hill to stock up on Hansen's Diet Pomegranate at Trader Joe's, and they were all out! Wahhhh! I even asked at the customer service desk, and they'd gotten a new shipment in last night--sold out! Hello! I hope they increase their order for that flavor. While I was there, I did get some diet rootbeer (again, by Hansen's) for George--that's his favorite flavor, as well as some diet gingerale (guess who) for me. I'll be back for the pomegranate!

No comments: