Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Nose News

I went to the doctor today and finally got my nose splint off-yay! My nose is still tender and a little swollen, and keeping my glasses on for any length of time will be a bit of a challenge, but one I'm willing to work on. :) I can start exercising gently, but it's better than nothing!


I took a self-portrait this morning, so that I could remember what it was like to have the splint and tape on my face, and I took another one after I got home. It's a big change, and it's also a reminder of how I didn't bother to wear make-up (what was the point?!) or fix my hair during these nose splint days. Simplicity was key, and actually washing and drying my hair daily was ordeal enough without adding hot rollers to the mix.


In addition to returning to exercise, I'm going to reschedule my physical therapy appointments, make an appointment for a new hairstyle, and think about getting new glasses or contacts. I'm ready for a new look, though anything is an improvement over the masked nose look!


It felt a little strange to walk out of the clinic without the splint on, since I've been aware of the white stuff in my line of vision for a week and a half. I've really enjoyed being able to scratch my nose since the unveiling, and I can't wait to wash my whole face tonight for the first time in a week and a half!

1 comment:

Susan Mo said...

Congratulations!! You are looking good. I know you must be so happy to have those bandages off of your face.

I love the idea that you will get a new hair style and new contacts, too. That is making lemonade out of lemons!!