Monday, October 01, 2007

What a Weekend!

Yesterday I did something really different for me! I was the Worship Associate at ERUUF! It was a great experience, helping with both worship services (at 9:15 and 11:15). My reflection about worship appeared to go over pretty well--my biggest regret is not having it better memorized. Don tied my thoughts into his sermon impressively, and Mary was in the audience smiling and nodding at encouraging times. Before and after each service, I helped Don meet and greet everyone who stopped by, and that was fun too.I must admit, though, I was tired when I got home. I took a long nap, and didn't talk much for the rest of the day. Even today, I'm not in a talkative mood, though I've pushed to be my normal self at work. Tonight I have Covenant Group, and it feels a bit challenging to know I'll need to be engaged in the discussion tonight as well. I need a little longer to coccoon!On Saturday, I went shopping to look for a new outfit to wear on Sunday. I didn't want to look like I was from the 'hood in front of all of ERUUF. :) It was a great shopping experience! I found three pairs of pants and two tops, all of which I could wear at work or to church. The pants were all size 16s, and the tops were (shock!) size 14/16! The two tops are the same style, just different colors. I wore one yesterday, and another today. (So much for saving them for special occasions, huh?!) I've gotten some nice compliments, and it's been so encouraging.After shopping for clothes for Saturday, I went to a nail place at the mall, and got a manicure at Avalon. I used to enjoy their services, but I didn't enjoy it as much on Saturday. The gal who worked with me kept trying to sell me on other services (French nails, waxing), but didn't chat with me about anything else. I brushed it all off, but will keep looking for anoher nail salon.I got my hair cut on Thursday in preparation for yesterday's deal, and went to a new place, Bella Trio Day Spa. I thoroughly enjoyed that experience! I arrived early, and was scouting out the different stylists to see who I'd pick to do my hair if I'd known ahead of time who to ask for. Well, the lady I'd "picked" was the one who I had the appointment with! I was watching her finish up on one lady, who's hair looked great! She seemed to be interacting in an engaged way, knowledgeable, friendly, and upbeat. Well, she ended up being a delight to talk to, and did a great job on my hair, with good styling advice to boot! Her name is Debbie, and I plan to return to her. :-) (They do nails, by the way, but I usually get my nails done on a whim, when I happen to have the time and cash. I love being able to decided on it and walk in to a place!)Saturday afternoon, after shopping and nails, I went to a party over at Steph's house. It was great to see her and several others from Covenant Group, ERUUF, and even Toastmasters! A fun time!

No comments: