Friday, October 26, 2007

Life Down the Road

I just finished reading the book The Number: What Do You Need for the Rest of Your Life and What Will It Cost? , by Lee Eisenberg. It was a pretty good read, with no new information really, but it was well written, and got me thinking more about retirement. Just yesterday, I had an appointment with a TIAA-CREF rep over in Duke South about my 403b. I took my various retirement investments in, he crunched some numbers, and recommended that I diversify my allocations to be in the "very aggressive" category. According to the number crunching stuff, I was already "aggressive" about my retirement money, a good thing at my age, but I decided to take the advice to step it up a notch. The projection was that at my current contributions and allocations, I'd probably be okay as long as Social Security is still around, but if it isn't, well, I wouldn't be in very good shape. Eeeek!

No comments: