Thursday, September 13, 2018

Hurricane Florence

Hurricane Florence is coming in! It's been both fascinating and stressful to keep track of Florence's path toward North and South Carolina. In addition to my own news sources and research, my sister has been tweeting me articles and helpful hints from her home in California. (She and her husband have a second home in Emerald Isle, so she's rightfully concerned, as well.)

My work has instituted the Severe Weather Policy for half of today and all of tomorrow. That normally doesn't happen until the thick of winter, when ice is in the forecast. I'm glad we're able to go home and stay home tomorrow. The huricane's path is predicted to go farther south now, so we might just get rain and wind in our area. Still, there's a chance of power outages, so I'll be getting prepared for that. I think we'll have enough food and groceries to get through.

No comments: