Thursday, September 06, 2018

Duke-Army Football Game

View from Our Seats in Wallace Wade Stadium
George and I attended the Duke football season opener last Friday night! The Friday night schedule was unusual for Duke, but sometimes TV scheduling takes precedence. The night game was nice, since it was a hot day.

I was a little sad thinking of Dad, and how this is the first Duke football season without him. I always looked forward to talking with him after each game. He'd ask who played well and how the attendance was. I choked up during the National Anthem too. But once the game started, I felt better and really enjoyed the game!

George and I sat in our new season ticket seats Friday night, and they're pretty good! (They're not the 50-yard line seat that Dad had, but they're good.) We met two nice women in front of us, whose family shares tickets for the two seats in front of us. They have a long family history at Duke, too. I shared this photo on the left of Dad from his Duke football-playing days.

I took the photo above to show my sister the view from our new seats. The Duke Marching Band was playing the National Anthem in their Duke D formation. I didn't realize until after I took the shot that I'd caught the pre-game flyover of some planes from Raleigh on the scoreboard video at the far end of the field.

Duke played a good Army team, and won 34-14, a great start for the Blue Devils!

No comments: