Friday, November 28, 2008

This Thanksgiving Holiday

I've been looking forward to this Thanksgiving holiday weekend, with hopes of spending lots of time of family, as well as getting errands and chores done. Well, I started feeling a little icky on Tuesday, but hoped the slightly sore throat was just a passing thing. Wednesday I woke up feeling even worse, but chugged through a short workout, and left work at lunchtime. I'd planned to have it as a vacation halfday, perhaps to run errands, or to shop for a new dress and get a much overdue manicure. Well, I picked up lunch to go and went straight home to bed. I eventually checked my temperature--101.2! Ick!

I'd signed up for the Inside-Out Sports Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot in Cary on Thursday morning, and was looking forward to seeing Simon and Jake Weinstein (George's uncle and cousin) there, but I knew that the race was out of the question by this point. Before the night was out, my temp had climbed to 102.2.

Yesterday morning, I woke up feeling better, and my temperature stayed below normal all day. My throat still hurt a little, but I felt well enough to join my parents and George's extended family for dinner at the Washington Duke Inn, which was just lovely. The company and the food were great!

This morning, I'm still fever-less, but my throat sure is being pesky. It doesn't feel like strep throat (believe me, I've been there!), it's just being pesky, and my voice has that raspy, throaty sound. Perhaps with another day of rest, it'll be better too.

Meanwhile, I've managed to do a lot of reading already, and George and I watched a chunk of the "House" marathon on the television yesterday.

I have had a chance, too, to think about all the things I have to be thankful for in the past year, and in general, and that's been nice. :)

No comments: