Thursday, September 06, 2007

Junior League Meeting

I went to the first Junior League meeting of the year last night. It was good to be into it. I didn't enjoy last year's placement like I thought (and hoped) I would. This year I've been put on League Lines, the newsletter, which is new for me. I used to do the Triangle Activities newsletter, but this will be different. I talked to this year's editor, and got a copy of Adobe PageMaker to install on my computer. I don't know PageMaker, so I'm going over to the editor's house on Saturday to get a lesson. I'm looking forward to learning a new software for me.

The main speaker last night was Molly Barker, the founder of Girls On The Run. I really enjoyed hearing her story--very inspiring!

A couple of acquaintances at the meeting said something about my weight loss, which was encouraging. :)

No comments: