Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Camping Advice

The word "camping" brings back memories of summer camp, Girl Scout camp, campfires (a favorite!), and s'mores (yum!). I've been thinking about it again, wondering if it's something G. and I might try as a new thing. There are plenty of campgrounds near our home, so I'm thinking about one of those places nearby for a test run. (Falls Lake looks especially nice!)

So, I've started reading up a bit on camping, looking at websites and scouting out types of equipment. It turns out that my employer rents out some camping equipment as a perk to students and staff. I'm not sure of the cleaning procedures, but if you can get past the potential "ick" factor to try some things out, it sounds promising.

So, I welcome advice from more seasoned campers! We don't have an RV, so I think that tent camping is probably what we'll try first (if I can talk G. into it!).

No comments: