Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fried Pickles

Fried Pickles at Maxwell's Tavern
A couple of weekends ago, George and I stopped in Waxhaw, NC, to visit with some of our Lathem cousins before returning home. We ate an early dinner at a place called Maxwell's Tavern, and had a fun time there! One of the surprises for me was trying fried pickles! Now, I generally shy away from fried food these days (and usually leave pickles behind on my plate at restaurants), but it was ordered as an appetizer for the table, and I was compelled to try some. I was glad I did--I liked them! It was definitely a splurge of the "state fair food" variety, but it was fun to try something new around some of my favorite people.

1 comment:

quilteddogs said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. That must be something limited to the south. I never heard of it before. Love pickles but not sure if I would like these.