Monday, June 21, 2010

Never Eat Alone

I recently listened to the audiobook version of Never Eat Alone and Other Secrets to Sucess, One Relationship at a Time, by Keith Ferrazzi. While it probably could've been a little bit more concise, I did get some interesting ideas from the book, and last week I ended up having lunch with others on three days out of seven, and George and I enjoyed dinner together with friends on two nights last week. It made the week feel a little busier, but I must admit I enjoyed the company at each meal a lot. (In some cases it was better than the food!)

However, I did feel the need to "cocoon" on my "alone" lunches and after work to a greater extent. I am an introvert at heart, and sometimes I miss the opportunity to recharge over lunch or after work. I do think I lean toward the extroverted side of introvertedness, as I really enjoy being around people, but I do need some pretty regular "alone" time. Anyone else like that?

No comments: