Friday, April 25, 2008

Small World

Last evening, I went to Trader Joe's after work to pick up a few things. This is the third time I've been to the Chapel Hill store, and the third time I've been impressed by the speediness of the check out line. Amazing! I picked up some more of their yummy low-sodium marinara sauce (under the Trader Giotto's label), and got some more Diet Hansen's. I decided to try a new flavor, so I picked up some mandarin lime. I tried it this morning, and it was yummy, but low and behold, it turned out to be regular instead of diet. :-( I'll look for it in diet next time.

As I was leaving the shopping center, I pulled up behind the cars in the turn lane at the red light, and the car in front of me looked like one of Mom and Dad's cars. My eyes went to the license plate, an Alabama tag from Dallas County, and I realized it was my mom in the car! She and Dad have been in town for a couple of weeks, and Mom had been over at Talbot's, which is across the parking lot from Trader Joe's. I honked and waved, and she finally recognized me! She called my cell and we had a nice talk, laughing about the coincidence. She and Dad own a place in Durham, and it's a nice place for them to stay while they're in the area. We'd just had lunch a couple of days ago. They're heading back to Alabama today.

No comments: