Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Looking Forward to What?

I've been in a bit of a funk today, so I went for a walk after I got home and figured out part of it. For a number of months I've had a rolling list of things to look forward to, and now I'm looking-forward-to-less! I don't have anything kinda big that I'm really looking forward to. There are little things out there, like having lunch with my niece tomorrow and with a co-worker on Friday. I even look forward to each day in a general way. I look forward to seeing George at home after work. But I'm missing some big things to look forward to!

I was looking forward to several road races until my groin strain, followed by a broken nose. I missed a couple of races that I'd signed up for and was really looking forward to. Now I've got another race coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm a bit nervous about it. I've signed up for a half-marathon in November, but that feels like a big question mark now.

I looked forward to treating George to Easter brunch at Brasa (which was a secret until we pulled into the shopping center), and that was fun! I was looking forward to getting my nose splint off. It was a relief when that happened, but my nose still hurts a little.

I'm thinking I need to plan something, make a goal and start working on it, hopefully something sooner than the November half marathon. Better yet, map out several goals in different areas of my life, not just running races that count on me being injury-free. Some goals for me, and some with George.


No comments: