Thursday, January 24, 2008

End of an Era

Well, after nearly a year and a half of going to the Rice House, part of the Rice Diet Program, for my meals, medical check-in, and some classes, I'll be finishing up there this coming Monday. I'm both excited and a little nervous about venturing out on my own in healthier eating. I have yet to cook a real meal in my current apartment, which George and I moved into in June 2007. I've been collecting some cookbooks and recipes, even a couple of rice cookers (both given as gifts). I've learned so much on the Rice Diet, so I'll miss a lot about the facility, mostly the staff, and some people I met there. I'm looking forward to getting some flexibility back into my schedule, though! I've been going in every morning for breakfast before work, taking my lunch with me (very handy!), and going back for dinner before I could go home for the evening.

I've lost over 100 lbs. on the Rice Diet, but I'm not at goal weight yet. I'm thinking about joining Weight Watchers to stay accountable and get ideas from meetings.

2 comments:

Susan Mo said...

You have certainly done excellent work!! I would highly recommend Weight Watchers. Bill and I are both life time members (though we have both added back some pounds). It is a great program with so much support. Their cookbooks are wonderful, and so are many of their grocery store products. I really enjoyed the meetings. There were always folks (mostly ladies) with new ideas and suggestions for keeping the weight off. Our leader was wonderful - very inspirational and funny. I think it is something that would be helpful to you, and that you would also enjoy.

Tinsie said...

Well done on losing all that weight and all the best from now on!