Friday, January 16, 2015

Life After Graduate School

Spring Semester has started, and for the first time in three and a half years, I'm no longer a student! It still feels different, not thinking about assignments and homework, but it's a good feeling! I've started to think about other things, both professionally and personally, that I can develop.

One thing I did recently was buy a Yamaha alto recorder. I don't know how to play the recorder, but like to learn! Fortunately, decent recorders come fairly cheaply, and I got mine with a gift certificate. :-) The recorder is so portable, there's a recorder playing group in my area, to boot. I'm really wanting to plug back into my musical side. So stay tuned!

On the work end, one thing I'm doing is shadowing a colleague at the library's  Help Desk  once a week for a couple of hours. I enjoy working with KJ, who has a lot of energy and is eager to take advantage of teachable moments.

I'm also planning on attending three professional conferences this year, and am presenting at one of them. Busy, busy!

No comments: